It's simply amazing how great it feels just to spend time with God. I like to sing to Him in my car at the top of my lungs. I have always been weary when I worship to outreach my hands to the sky in praise of Him but I am learning that the feeling I receive when I do is overpowering. It's like I extend and open my palms to Him and He fills me with the spirit.
We all know that my life is not exactly in the perfect situation, yet I am simply amazed at how much my heart is at peace within the pain that I feel. Acceptance of the things I can not change and knowing that the things I can change I need too. This morning my devotion was about pushing through even in struggles and trials of life. Exactly what I needed. I can feel God just calling to me saying "trust me, love me, spend time with me. I have this." It is a beautiful feeling to know that despite my sins and mistakes that God still sees me as His beautiful child.
Thanksgiving Eve service spoke to me again. I always enjoy going home to my small town and just being who I am. The sermon tonight was based on Psalm 107 where when faced with trouble they "Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses." ---Hit home for me. I am such a sinner. I want to change.
My final "ah ha" moment happened tonight when I received my devotion on my phone app. The devotion was addressing our willingness to work for the Lord. Am I willing to put in the effort and time that it takes to get to know God to let Him get to know me. Honestly, I am closer than ever and it is so exciting. I have been thinking and focusing on who I want to be. I want to be my best and I always struggle to say that I don't have a true best friend, I think that is because God wants me to find my best friend in Him.
If I someday want to meet a man of God to love, I must be a woman of God. Love is love. Love in God is something even more. I want that. I want it all. I can not sit here and regret my past, I must find forgiveness in my heart to move forward.
I am excited to move forward.
-Peace&Blessings,
Brittany
107 O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave comments and feedback! :) Happy day to you!