About Me

My photo
God is my best friend. Senior. Education major. There is no place like Nebraska. I love people, laughing, glitter and seeing the beauty in all things life has to offer. Adventures are worth taking. Every day is a new adventure. Prayer is powerful. ~Bring Your love to life inside of me Why don't You break my heart 'til it moves my hands and feet For the hopeless and the broken For the ones that don't know that You love them. Bring Your love to life inside of me.~

Monday, February 10, 2014

Out Loud.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Praying out loud has never been something that I considered myself "good" at. Then again, what actually constitutes a good prayer. Prayer comes from your heart, it has to be something that lives inside of you. The beautiful thing about prayer to me is that you can pray about anything and everything. God is always listening. Pray for the wonderful simple things in life and the perpetual problems. Pray for those whom are your best friends and those whom are your enemies. Once you start saying things out loud it will always makes sense. Prayer is powerful. Prayer is real. I want to learn to pray "good".

God laid it on my heart today to pray for someone I feel very close too. He wanted me to pray out loud to this person. I did not know if I could do it, but I have never held back from this person before so why today. As the words flowed off my lips, I could feel God's presence. He was there and that is what makes my heart so happy. I felt so much better being courageous and being able to share my thoughts with those I love. It is such joy to find comfort in the presence of the Lord.

His will and way for my life I must trust. When He speaks to me I want to listen.

Every day I am learning and I am growing. I can feel my heart changing. I always feel like God is bringing me through this pain so I can find such joy and love in Him. Only Him.

Baby steps are still BIG steps. Sharing my faith and what I am learning makes my soul smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback! :) Happy day to you!