About Me

My photo
God is my best friend. Senior. Education major. There is no place like Nebraska. I love people, laughing, glitter and seeing the beauty in all things life has to offer. Adventures are worth taking. Every day is a new adventure. Prayer is powerful. ~Bring Your love to life inside of me Why don't You break my heart 'til it moves my hands and feet For the hopeless and the broken For the ones that don't know that You love them. Bring Your love to life inside of me.~

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Find time to rest.



Often times I find myself wanting to live a life full of "busy" that I have this preconceived concept that if I am constantly doing something that I will find a life full of joy and fulfillment. I will feel like I have accomplished something for the good of myself and others. That being busy will bring me joy.

But God tells us many times that we need to "rest". This is a personal struggle of mine. Finding rest and peace in the quiet moments is something that I would like to enjoy and focus on more. Sundays have always been my favorite day of the week. My heart has always felt happy to be able to worship on Sunday morning and find that inner peace spending time with my Lord.

I love when I feel Your presence. It may be my new personal high. I feel it. The more I have been talking to God and growing in my faith, I feel Him. It is the best feeling. It is such a surreal moment that He has got my life in His hands. It is truly beautiful.

Being human though, it is hard not to want to be in control of my life. I use to always feel like I had things under control, that I ran the show, and that I had this all figured out. But I never did. I simply needed to hit rock bottom, broken hearted, helpless, for me to see the light. I love holding God's hand.

Rest. This week I would like to focus on finding rest. Slowing down, breathing, appreciating life, and just taking a moment to find rest with my Savior.

Love always.
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback! :) Happy day to you!