About Me

My photo
God is my best friend. Senior. Education major. There is no place like Nebraska. I love people, laughing, glitter and seeing the beauty in all things life has to offer. Adventures are worth taking. Every day is a new adventure. Prayer is powerful. ~Bring Your love to life inside of me Why don't You break my heart 'til it moves my hands and feet For the hopeless and the broken For the ones that don't know that You love them. Bring Your love to life inside of me.~

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Changing Seasons

I feel like I have been avoiding writing this entry. Not because I don't want too, or that it hasn't constantly been on my heart, but I think because sometimes it's surreal for me to face reality. Here I find myself again, changing seasons.

As doors close, friendships end, love is lost, and life is forcing change on me; I find myself almost sickly satisfied. I am a person who thrives on adventure but enjoys having stability. It's always been a love/hate relationship. I remember my last day of high school, naturally me being the emotional being I am, cried. I cried because it was over. It was like a perfect relationship that had to end for no reason. The life, person, and everything I had worked for the past 4 years I had to leave. What would be my identity? Well here I am again, only 4 years later and a lot more life experiences under my belt. Yet, I can't help but recognize the season changing.

I can not decide if I am happy or sad that this season is over for me. College has been full of good and bad. A lot of lessons learned and overall I am thankful for how God has shown me things throughout these years. I am thankful for the people He has blessed me with that He knew would be part of my story.

My story.

I suddenly just smiled. My story is still not finished. This is just a chapter and I think I feel sickly satisfied to be able to turn the page, this time with God's help. He definitely had to work for my heart but it is His!!! His love is the best. Yesterday I randomly opened my Bible like I love to do because God is always speaking to me.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, the I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I JUST LOVE THIS. Seriously, it may be one of my life verses. When I reflect on everything my heart has been through to reach this point I just kinda laugh and say really God?! But I know it was the only way He would fully get my attention. I am still weak and everyday I get a little bit stronger. I still make mistakes and I know I am not perfect. But the beauty in all that is admitting it too others.

I want to share my story. I want to be vulnerable and expose my weaknesses. I want to keep on loving God every day and following His word and will for my life. I want to forgive and learn to love like God. I want others to see the Holy Spirit in me.

I have a long ways to go, but I have come a long ways.
Thank you God for a beautiful day. As I watch this season change I honestly can't wait to trust You and see what You have in store for me in my next season. A season where I hold Your hand.

Love,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback! :) Happy day to you!